Creativity Lecture Notes
A warm welcome to the creativity lecture notes section of the web site.
This web page should be used as a guideline for items that should be included in a lecture on creativity.
The lecture should teach your students how to…
- Understand exactly what creativity is and how it differs from innovation. See a definition of creativity.
- Adapt to different thinking styles and learn how to start thinking outside of the box.
- Use some of the techniques to assist creativity.
- Understand the various stages of creativity.
- Remove the barriers to creativity.
- Promote tips and methods to increase idea production.
- Foster an innovative work environment.
- Systematically work through problem solving steps.
- Present ideas clearly and concisely so as to gain maximum stakeholder approval / buy in.
- How to transform creativity into practical innovative solutions.
Key takeaways from any lecture on creativity should be:
- The importance of creativity as the driving force for innovation.
- Creative solutions to problems can significantly increase business potential.
- Everyone and anyone can learn to be more creative.
For an excellent and humorous lecture by Sir Ken Robinson titled “Do schools kill creativity?” please visit the Creativity for Kids page.
Below is a more formal business school type lecture on managing creativity and innovation that was given at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore by professor K B Akhilesh.