April Fools Ideas
Welcome to the free April Fools Ideas page.
April fool’s day falls on April 1st, is celebrated in many western countries and is basically a day where practical good-humored and funny jokes or hoaxes are both expected and tolerated.
In many countries, the jokes, pranks, and hoaxes must be performed before 12 pm otherwise the Joker herself is said to be the April fool.
Please consider the safety of others when performing practical jokes and try not to take jokes too far. Practical jokes should not go so far as to physically or emotionally hurt anyone nor should they cause offense.
Do you have your own April Fools Idea that you would like publishing on this page? If so please fill out the Submit Your April Fools Idea form and I will publish as soon as I can.
FREE APRIL FOOLS PRANK IDEAS TO CONSIDER…
- Offer to make a hot drink for your friend or family member. Then tie a piece of cotton around the mug handle and around your finger. IMPORTANT: Don’t actually put any hot drink in the mug. Pretend you have though, and as you go to give the hot drink accidentally slip and drop the cup towards your friend/victim. They will think that they are about to be doused in a hot drink when in fact there was nothing in the mug. The cotton will prevent the mug from smashing on the floor.
- Call a friends friend on the telephone or call one of your friends but disguise your voice with a different accent. Explain that you are a DJ for a local radio station and that they have been volunteered to play the game “guess the money in the jar”. Tell them that if they guess within 100 of whatever the local currency is that they win all of the money in the jar. Whatever the person guesses tell them they are a winner and ask them what they intend to spend their winnings on.
- Cover a co-workers office desk in post-it notes!..
(Photo Credit: Bukowsky18)
- Dip a straw in some hot sauce such as Tabasco. Place your thumb on the end of the straw to hold the contents in the straw while you transfer the straw and contents to a friend’s drink. When your friend takes her first sip from the straw they will get a mouthful of Tabasco.
- Find a reasonably high denomination coin and use some glue to stick it to the pavement or sidewalk. Watch as people who walk by bend down to try and prize the coin free. This game can be played with other items of value, for example, you might have an old mobile phone that you can glue to the floor.
- Give your friend a can or bottle of beer, soda or other fizzy beverage. Pre-shake the can before handing it to them. Make sure they’re not wearing their best clothes first.
- Get hold of some pool or snooker chalk. Tell your friend that you can smell something funny on your hand and ask them if they too can smell it. As they bend forward to smell your hand – rub the chalk on to the end of their nose.
- While sitting with friends pretend to sneeze into your hands use a raw oyster as the fake contents of your sneeze. If you like oysters then proceed to eat the oyster.
- Hide one of your valued possessions somewhere in your friend’s house and then accuse them of stealing it.
- Add some food coloring to the milk in your fridge. When your family members or housemates go to pour some they will have a colorful but harmless surprise.
- Purchase a plastic plant and a plant pot. Place the plastic plant in the plant pot then bake a chocolate cake and use the cake instead of soil. When your guests arrive dip your hand into the plant pot and start eating.
- Swap some of the keys around on a co-workers keyboard. They will get locked out of applications when trying to enter their password.
- Write a scary message using your finger on a friends bathroom mirror. When they take a shower and the bathroom steams up the message will display as soon as they get out.
- Place some sex toys in a friends luggage before they leave for vacation.
- Turn a coworkers screen upside down by pressing Ctrl, Alt and the down arrow key.
- Put a note on the office photocopier machine saying that it is voice-activated.
- Unscrew the showerhead in a friends bathroom add either gravy granules, stock cubes, Kool-Aid or food coloring.
- Move all the clocks forward by an hour in a friend’s house while they sleep. They will wake an hour earlier / go to work /school, etc. too early.
- The mouse and keyboard were invented before the Internet existed. Many more technologies have since arisen that allow for much more efficient human-computer interaction. Why therefore do we continue to use outdated technology? Introducing Gmail Motion – now Gmail can be controlled with your body… Get your friends to start using Gmail motion now!
- Plant cress seeds in your friend\’s keyboard. Use a mist water spray to lightly water them and watch the cress grow!
(Photo Credit: Flickr, WetWebWork – (CC BY-SA 2.0))
- Wrap your friend\’s desk phone in elastic bands.
(Photo Credit: Flickr, Matt Reinbold – (CC BY-SA 2.0))
Best April Fools Pranks
Some of the best April fools pranks often come from some of worlds largest organizations for a joke and as a means to promote themselves…
In 1976 the British astronomer Patrick Moore played an Aprils fool joke on his radio station listeners by informing them that at exactly 9:47 a.m. the planets Jupiter and Pluto would align and this event would cause a momentary but noticeable blip in the earth’s gravity.
Patrick Moore requested that his listeners jump into the air at precisely 9:47 in order to fully experience the loss of gravity – he said that if they timed it correctly then he expected that they would feel as if they were floating for a short period of time. Many of his listeners fell for this prank assuming that they really were weightless for a brief moment in time!
Google\’s Best April Fools Pranks…
Google April fools pranks are usually pretty good.
For example, take a look at Gmail Blue – it\’s Gmail as you know it but it\’s blue!…
Or the announcement on the Google Blog that youTube will be now closing down as it was simply a competition looking for the greatest video and that they now have enough videos! Are you a winner?
Google Tap a system to replace the 26-letter QWERTY keyboard with just 2 keys. All letters can be created from a combination of dots and dashes! A Morse code keyboard – sounds amazing.
And let\’s not forget one of Google\’s innovations Google Nose which claimed to enable you to search for smells similar to how you would search for web pages, videos, images, etc. Remember to get your nose close to the screen!
Photo Credit Google
Google also added a treasure option to Google maps to enable you to locate hidden treasures. Be careful to avoid the pirates!
Photo Credit: Google Maps
Twitter is also joining in with the best April fools pranks too. Announcing that they are going to be re-branding as Twttr as going forward they will now be charging a premium fee for anyone wanting to use vowels.
SANTANDER with their SATANDEMS!
In 2016 Santander tried to fool Londoners with their Santandems which were supposedly available for hire from the bike docking stations.
BMW is in on the action too with their stroller or as they prefer to call it the P.R.A.M (Postnatal Royal Auto Mobile) designed with Royal babies in mind – it comes fitted with a N.A.P.P.I.E (Nanny-Assisting Petrol-Powered Injection Engine).
Virgin Atlantic Prank
And I think this will be a favorite for many – Virgin Atlantic\’s new glass-bottomed plane… Perfect for those flights over Niagara falls!
Photo Credit: Credit: Twitter/@VirginAtlantic
Back in 1965 on April fool’s day, a professor tricked his television audience into sniffing their sets while he brewed coffee and sliced onions. He told them that he had invented smell-o-vision and many believed him – some people phoned the television station to say how amazed they were with the new technology!
In 2009 Waitrose created an entirely new fruit for people to try!
TESCO HELPING YOU REACH THE TOP SHELF!
Struggling to reach those items on the top shelf at Tesco? Then you might want to make use of the trampolines that Tesco suggested they were installing in stores back in 2015…
The Daily Mail ran a story that said that a wildlife sanctuary in North Yorkshire had been training owls to deliver mail just like in the Harry Potter stories.
On April Fool’s Day in 1996, Taco Bell informed people that it had purchased the Liberty Bell which they intended to rename to the Taco Liberty Bell. They claimed that from purchasing the bell they would be helping to reduce American national debt.
In 1998 Burger King made the news with a clever April fools prank. They placed an advertisement in the USA Today newspaper informing people that they had a new burger on their menu, a left handed burger.
This burger contained all of the usual ingredients but the weight of the burger had been redistributed for left handed customers supposedly reducing the amount of spillage from the burger for left handed consumers.
Many people went into Burger King to specifically ask for the left-handed burger.
And then in 2015 Burger King announced their flame-grilled fragrance!!!
In 2015 the makers of one of the nations favorite savory spreads announced Marmite clear!!
Your April Fools Ideas
Want to submit your own April Fools Idea? Then you can do so simply by completing the Submit Your April Fools Idea form.
Many Thanks, Martin
Now for your ideas… Enjoy!
by Cameron Heath
(Photo Credit: Miss Jen)
Soak a toilet roll holder in water roll into a sausage shape then leave on the toilet seat it will look like poo on the seat!
by Ryan Bellsoe
Take out all the deodorant in a friends deodorant bottle and switch it with butter wait till you see their face
(Photo Credit: Tony Alter)
Put plastic wrap on the toilet under the seat while the household members are sleeping, then they will have a splash when they use the bathroom!
Take a big box and place a small pin or any small thing which is not useful. Gift-wrap it and give it to your friend and say that there is a very useful thing inside it. When your friend opens the box, APRIL FOOL!!
NAIL POLISH PRANK
(La habra California )
Get soap from the bathroom and paint it with clear nail polish and when they use the soap it won\’t work.
FARTING PLUS POOPING TROUBLE
Photo Credit Sandra Fauconnier
Get a whoopee cushion and add some brown food color in it and put somewhere that he or she might sit.
When he or she sits on the whoopee cushion brown food color will come out and everyone will think when he or she sat down he or she farted and her poop came out.
THE SHAVING CREAM
I put shaving cream on my brothers face and when he wakes up he will have a dog on his face. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
PUT SARAN WRAP ON THE DOOR
by Selyna .T
(Photo Credit – Flickr: Eithne Darcy)
Put saran wrap (cling film for folks in Europe) on the door and when they walk into the room they will walk into the saran wrap.
Put a clear tape around the sink sprayer and make sure that when you turn on the sink it will spray water then after that ask the person you\’re going to pull a prank on to get you a drink of water.
They will get a nice water spray surprise as soon as they turn the water on!
Get fake bugs (any bugs of your choice) when your friend comes to the place where you planted the bugs they will freak out.
by Tony N.
Take some cardboard, get it wet and shape it like poop and put it on the floor near a cat or dog cage or put it on the toilet seat!!!
by Eskon Stevens
(Photo Credit: Kate Dugas)
This will apply if you have a much younger brother or sister.
Sit them down and let them know you are about to have a serious talk with them. Tell them how over the years you have kept a huge secret from them and then proceed to tell them they are adopted.
This will obviously drive them crazy depending on how emotional your sibling is.
It would also be more effective if you and your sibling do not look alike. If you do though you can just convince then you are both adopted!
THE APRIL FOOL\’S SNACK
Sugar or is it?
1) Get your ingredients. You will need the \”victim\” (of course), a bowl of strawberries, a soda, and salt.
2) Place a small bowl of strawberries and salt on a table near your \”victim\” and offer it to them. They will realize you have given them a delightful snack.
3) If you are lucky, they may eat it. When they do, they will realize it is salt and make a disgusted facial expression. You then act like you are panicking and get a soda from the fridge. Shake the full soda can and give it to them.
1. Take all the right shoes of your victim and hide them in the house.
2. Watch as they go crazy trying to find their right shoes!
OREO\’S AREN\’T SO GOOD NOW ARE THEY?
Get some Oreos and twist them open. Lick all the white cream off. Get some toothpaste and put some toothpaste in between the two brown cookies. Offer these cookies to some friends and act normal. Once they taste the toothpaste then say APRIL FOOLS!
GIVING YOUR LOVE A SCARE
(Woodstock, New York)
Send your love a break-up message and let it sound really bad saying stuff like: we will never see each other again etc etc.
THE MOTORBIKE ACCIDENT
by Anish Girish Advani
(Thane Maharashtra India)
Put a bandage on any part of your body and then wait for a friend, teacher or anyone else to ask you what happened.
When they ask tell them that when you were heading home two motorbikes came fast towards you and you tried to run out of the way but couldn\’t move quickly enough.
The motorbikes collided and one of the men on the bikes got angry and beat you and this is how you got hurt.
LE CUP SPILLER
by Splash Cool, founder of Prank The Planet.
(Carlisle Pennsylvania USA)
Take a cardboard or plastic coffee cup with a lid that fits.
Cut out the inner two-thirds of the bottom so it doesn\’t show on the outside.
Take some plastic wrap and rubber band it so it sags about an inch into the cup. Fill the plastic wrap with water.
TIGHTLY place the lid on the cup, take the rubber band off and clip off the excess plastic wrap.
Hand to a very forgiving friend, and when they take off the lid they get water all over!
(United States )
Go on your brother\’s, sister\’s, or Mom and Dad\’s phone. Then download the application \’crack\’.
Next, take a screenshot of their wallpaper and put it in the app. Use the app to add a crack then switch that as their wallpaper.
Then send them a text and bring them their phone. As you\’re doing this pretend to drop it then when they look at their phone it will have a crack on it!!!!!!!
by Polly Mcginnis
Things you need: Tissue paper, tissues or anything like paper. (and a victim that owns a pair of shoes.) While they are not looking stuff the (tissues, paper, etc.) in the back of their shoes. They will most likely think their shoes shrunk or their feet grew!!
AAAAAH! BLOOD IS COMING FROM TAP
(Noida, u.p. India)
(Photo Credit: Will Richards)
Step 1- first of all, take out water from your water tank and store it somewhere and leave that much water only for whom you are making a fool.
Step 2- then mix red color or red food color in the tank
(warning: you have to bath first otherwise the prank will not work.)
Step 3- tell that person whom you are making a fool to bath
Step 4- now watch, how he/she will react
Then throw all the waste red water and then fill the water in the tank
Is that a very good idea????
If yes, then thnx
If no, then you\’re the biggest fool in the world.
CHOCOLATE CAKE PRANK!!
by Tami Dmyterko
I frosted a cereal box with chocolate cake frosting, are decorated it! watch them try to cut into the cake!!! Lol
SHOWER AND ICE
by Ashley M
While one of your family members or friends are in the shower, get a bucket of cold water and ice and pour it all on them! Make sure you get out of there as quick as you can!
Pour out all your toothpaste and then fill it with tomato sauce.
Say that your mum had bought a new one and then eventually the person that your doing it on will use tomato sauce as toothpaste!
by Awesome lady
Get a loaf of bread and put blue food coloring in the middle sides etc. Put the bread back in the case. Set it somewhere in the kitchen where the victim will find it.
Call your neighbor and tell them they have a flat tire and then watch out the window as they go out to look.
THE CHUNKY CHEESE SURPRISE
Get a milk bottle (with milk still inside any amount).
Make sure the container is the clear plastic, so you can see inside. (anything but long-life milk cartons).
Put yellow food coloring inside of the carton, shake. (Make sure to not put too much in, we don\’t want bright yellow, like a pale yellow.)
Now use cheese or butter to create a chunky effect. Shake again. Now you have a carton of off milk.
Place back in the fridge, hide cameras and wait.
The reaction is priceless.
Have Your Own April Fools Idea?
Yes, then submit it here and I will publish it on this page.